How To Use Pro Products To Take Care Of Your Termites

Are you dealing with an infestation of those dreaded termites? Well, these days they seem to have far more brains than they used to! For the most part, home remedies stem the flow of termites for a while, but they never truly shut it off. To do this, you are going to need a little help from more powerful sources. While the home remedies are great for the tiny infestations with just a few hundred termites, a bigger problem is going to need far more drastic solutions.

Use boric acid

Boric acid is a very effective solution against those termites in your home. It is one of the most common forms of white ant treatment out there and it is definitely one of the most powerful. It is actually the main ingredient used in the manufacturing of nearly all anti-termite insecticides that you can get in a store. It works by shutting down the nervous system of the termite and dehydrating it at the same time.

Since they require water to survive (which is why they love wet wood) this kills them almost instantly. You should use bait stations to get the maximum effectiveness out of the insecticide. These attract termites in their hundreds, if not thousands, and kills them nearly 100% of the time. Of course, you need to be very careful as it is highly toxic.

Get pre-made control products

You could also use termite control products that are found in most hardware stores. These usually use boric acid as their main ingredient, but dilute it to make it less toxic to human skin. Using these products is the first step you should take in white ant treatment in Perth if you want to actually have a shot at getting rid of these pests. You can use these products in a variety of different ways. Some of them come as a bait station package so that you don’t have to mess around with toxic substances while doing the setup.

One of the more drastic methods of control is called a microwave treatment. This is a method in which your home is basically heated up as if it was a microwave. Termites cannot stand the heat, so they will die almost instantly when this is done. DO NOT try this on your own. You could risk serious injury on your body or in your brain. Call a professional and ask them for assistance, because that is the only way you can have a safe treatment.